So today was the 113th Boston Marathon! Kinda exciting this year for me since I've never really paid attention to it until I decided to volunteer with Ms. Dowling and other people from school. Sadly, we had to meet her at 6:00 AM today and sadly again, I went to sleep at 12:00 AM. My parents were freaking arguing, so I fell asleep at 1:00 AM. I woke up at 5:00 AM and it was just horrible. Cold, windy, and whatnot. Phuong, Kim, Linda, Ve and more people were like...lost around Back Bay lol. Well the morning part of meeting Ms. Dowling took a while lol. We walked back and forth from this place to another to get our cards with our names, place, and jacket sizes. We went back to this place where there WERE supposed to be breakfast available. Gosh, I was seriously sad and whatever when I found out they didn't give food. (Trying to sound sophisticated) My doctor said it is scientifically proven that women will do everything better by eating breakfast! (Okayy maybe not the exact words but it's still good LOL.) OKAY ANYWAYS. SO YEAH NO BREAKFAST. SAD LOL. We got our jackets at this basement place and yeahh it's bright yellow with blue stripes lol.
We finally got on the (school) buses and headed for Hopkinton! I swear everyone was just SO hyper in the early morninggg!! Like people didn't even shut up when we were getting jackets. And on the bus, it was more annoying! I think I just fell asleep right there; too tired and didn't feel well at first lol. We just started to drop people off at their Mile point thing. I was in a group with Linda, Phuong, and Kimberly at Mile 10!! Poor Ve, Cindy, and Dustin were at like...4K; which was probably between Mile 1 and 2? LOL I dunno, but it was in the middle of no where :( Mile 10 was near some stores and restaurants so we were happy :)
Monday, April 20, 2009
"WOOOO GO ERIN!"
I swear, I saw at least 10 Erin's that were running the marathon today LOL.
When we got there, Kim and Phuong went to look for bathrooms and food places lol. Took them forever to come backk!! So when they did, Linda and I switched with them and they stayed while I really went to look for food. This pizza place was open so yeahh no choice, so I ate chicken fingers for breakfast -_- LOL! Went to the convenient store afterwards, and started to head back. The wheelchair runners were already starting and we heard cheers lol.
(By the way, Natick streets are so effing clean!)
Sooo more and more runners started to come. It was a dead "cheer" thing at first because the gaps were just so big lol. FINALLY, when the WHOLE SWARM of people just come running towards you. LOL yeahh it was quite a site and exciting! The four of us started looking out for runners' names so we can encourage them. Many of them looked at us and thanked us, smiled, and high- fived! It was awesome! ANDDD KIMBERLY AND I TRIED TO SAY GO GO GO (or whatever..) IN LIKE CANTONESE, JAPANESE, AND KOREAN! LOL I tried all three, and people responded to me! Especially two Korean men, they looked back and replied "hwaiting hwaiting!" :) Haha that was a nice moment :)


Yeahhh eventually, our voices were just cracking and we didn't have any more energy. The race started to fade away when only like...2 people per a freaking large number of feet is running after each other. Giving us a break from screaming LOL! FINALLY, WE SEE THE YELLOW SCHOOL BUS COMING! We're saved LOL. Before we got on the bus, Phuong and I attempted MAD sky jumping pics in her camera but Linda kept on making Kimberly mess up on our pic LOL. Sigh madd tired from everything. Other OB people were still screaming out the bus asking for Tufts hats, gatorade, and pretzels! Whatever, I gave up; ate my sandwich and went to sleeeeep!!!
When I woke up, we were in Chinatown already. But the bus driver took another way and dropped everyone off at Back Bay. Gosh I REALLY had to go to the bathroom so I speed walked home. I left Kimberly and Linda and them LOL!! HEY I WAS TIRED, NEEDED TO USE THE BATHROOM, AND COLDDDD! But I still love them haha :D
Thennnn I layed on my bed for like 10 mins, ate some fried rice, went to Au Bon Pain with Lawrence and Dustin. Then we went to Jonathan's house to play Halo? LIKE WTH, THAT GAME IS HORRIBLE. LIKE I SERIOUSLY FAIL. Then we went to the Y to I dunno actually. Apparently, no dance practice because majority of the group wasn't available anyways -_- LOL I remembered I had to do WebAssign for physics so I rushed home to finish it before the due time. Then T.O and Jenny came over because Tony didn't even pay for WebAssign LOL!! Yeahhhh then they all started being gay and whatnot LOL *shivers..*!
Yeah so that was my dayy. Very tiring but I had a lot of fun lol. Tomorrow, we're filming our scenes for our MV for physics class! OMG I really hope we all will do well *cross fingers*!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

no gay stuff. its not even friday! and yes that is me in the pictures for people who did not know.
ReplyDeleteAnd hey, you weren't that bad at halo. You just need practice? lol
ReplyDeleteOH SHOOT! LOL i thought that was simon at first! ROFLMAO...
ReplyDeletebut anyways aww the marathon looks so fun, i wish i had signed up with you guys haha xD
me ve and phuong is wokring on our physics thing tomorrow! ahhh >.<